Zeagle Concept Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cross020

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have been diving on and off for since 2008 with about 70 dives under my belt, all with rental gear. I have been on the lookout for a good BCD which is either back inflated or BP/W setup. But since i haven't been diving regularly, i never really got around to seriously allocating funds to get my own gear.

To cut the story short, i decided to get AOW certified and is supposed to take the Classroom and pool sessions this weekend. I came across an old Zeagle Concept BCD online for about $95. I got it last night, inflated the bladder and checked for leaks and didnt find any. I made a call to my instructor and we'll be testing it in the pool this weekend, together with a rental BCD so in case something goes wrong, i can still continue with the pool works.

After some research, i found out that the concept BCD came with either the ripcord weight system or the zip touch weight system which seems is not on this BCD. The only thing i noticed is that it has 2 pockets with velcro bottoms. It seems to have provisions for the ripcord system but no ripcord system came with the BC. I need to know if i can still get the weight system for this BCD or am i stuck with a weight belt? Given that the BCD was manufactured in the 90's (based on my research) and will have to pass the scrutiny of my instructor and the local dive shop. But this seems to say a lot about the durability of the product.

My work internet will not allow me to upload pics but will upload them later.

Your two pockets with the velcro bottoms ARE the weight system for the older Concept.
If the airway doesn't have an RE valve, but comes out of the bladder cover as a plastic 90* fitting through a stainless steel circle, you have a 20 plus year old BC. They do dive very well but they also have a problem delaminating and pulling apart at the point where the elbow exits the bladder.
You should unzip the cover and look closely at the ultrasonic weld that joins the 90 to the bladder. You might not want to dive it.

Wow thanks for the info. It's currently at the LDS being checked. Ill inform them your info. The guy got it from had 3 of these and ine was sold to a military. I hope he gets his checked as wekl before diving it. Eitherway, it says a lot about the durability of the product. Again thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom