Zeagle and oceanic Travel BCD questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QED42

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everybody. I have been looking to get a new bcd that packs well. The Oceanic BioLite and Zeagle Covert XT are the two that have really caught my eye.

I was hoping people could share their opinions on these two BCDs

And if anyone has these BCDs I have been looking for pictures or videos of how small they can be packed up, I haven't been able to find that online anywhere.

Thanks All!!

I rolled up the previous model Covert in the store once while considering it.. It's about the size of a Sunday newspaper rolled up. It would easily fit in a standard carry-on with room left over.

I think it would roll smaller without the Ripcord but I wanted that. Not sure if it's optional on the Covert - it is on the Express Tech - which although it doesn't fold as small, packs pretty flat.

fyi, Stiletto's pack much bigger - I managed to cram one in a legal sized carry-on once but there was no romm for anything else.

The other one to possibly look at is the Aqualung Zuma. AL sells it with a drawstring bag for transport.

I have an XXL bio lite, and it packs small. I'm really happy with it, although it's pretty much the only BCD I've ever used. if you really want a picture of it rolled up, I think I could take one...

I have an XXL bio lite, and it packs small. I'm really happy with it, although it's pretty much the only BCD I've ever used. if you really want a picture of it rolled up, I think I could take one...

Yeah a picture would be awesome! Thanks noj!

Im going traveling with no end date set so I need something that will fit well in my large backpack

Perfect timing... I had to unload the truck and haul it in anyways... Keep in mind this is an XXL, with some BS (nautilus, light, knife, etc...) attached to it. I undid the cam band and it wraps it all nicely...

Vodka bottle purely for scale :)

Attachments

• 20181215_205218.jpg
    20181215_205218.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 236
I have the slightly older version of the Covert, but think it is a great travel bcd, even without the improvements of the newer model. It is very light weight, and surprisingly comfortable. The flushable feature on the inflator is wonderful. If my current Covert got lost with my luggage, I would buy the new model without heaitation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom