Z GEAR light and gopro mounts A+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tenacious

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I received my mounts very quickly from Frank at Z GEAR. I was impressed with both the light and go-pro mount. The design was simple and efficient as I feel most things scuba related should be. Attachment to the straps on my bp&w was simple and painless. I used the light mount on some lobster hunting trips. I go with a commercial lobsterer, so everything's about speed and efficiency. I found that having a light mounted on my shoulder worked very well in the deep dark holes off of ft. pierce. I would sweep a hole with my handheld, then if there were bugs the light mount allowed me to still have light in the hole and the use of both hands while grabbing bugs. Before getting the mount I would shine my handheld then dive into darkness and start grabbing blindly, or try to lay my light in the hole and hope it stayed where I put it so I could use both hands to grab bugs and work my tickle stick. The guy I go with said the mount would have saved him quite a few eel bites over the years, lol.

The go pro mount worked well also. I wish I had some video worth sharing, but unfortunately I don't. I did record video of bug hunting in ft pierce, but nothing worth seeing. On my recent trips, there was not much vis, and the lobster there are usually 4-6 feet in holes, so the videos I have taken are 99% silt and 1% glimpses of lobster sometimes. I wouldn't consider bringing a handheld gopro with me hunting, so it is nice to have the option without having to worry about holding a camera and trying to hunt. With lobster season being closed now, I will be able to get in some fun dives and hopefully get some good videos to share. I did let the owner of my local dive shop use the mount on a trip I was working the deck and he was very impressed with it. I will post back to you as soon as I get some good videos.

Overall I can say that I am happy with both products. It is obvious that they took time to design useful products that do what they are supposed to. They are practical and durable, I will be keeping an eye on their website for whatever they come up with next.
Great job to Z GEAR on making a great product!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom