Z Gear BCD Light Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that you - as a marketer - need to first define who the product is targeted towards before knowing how to modify it.

Who is such a light mount good for... and who is it NOT good for? Don't worry about modifying it to appeal to people for whom it's not an appropriate product anyway. Listen to their input... but don't design the product for them.

For many divers, such a mount solves a problem that doesn't exist. Just because a product can be created doesn't mean a market for it exists.

Few divers need a light with a beam that stays in alignment with their body orientation... and is not easily/immediately re-oriented to where either their eyes are looking or their hands are going. I'm not saying there isn't a market... just that you need to think about who comprises that market first.

In Truk recently I did a few dives with a Sola 1200 mounted to my tank manifold via a GoPro "Jaws" flex clamp. It was sort of nice having a wide-angle "headlight" that was generally pointed in my direction of travel. However I'm not sure any divers coming the other direction were thrilled with the idea.

Here in NJ there's plenty of people who love to dig and root around for artifacts. Having both hands free would probably be beneficial.

should also note that my comments were mainly aimed at the gopro mount, I also received a light mount which I mounted underneath a camera tray which did work quite well. The gopro footage would be a lot better than it was if the mount was on the webbing directly. My apologies for the confusion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom