YS-D3 duo rapid sequence question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirintheOcean

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have dual YS-D3 duo strobes that i have been using with my TG-6. I just upgraded to the EM10 mark IV and now I want to be sure I'm not overlooking any potential errors now that rapid fire shooting with a mirrorless is an option. I know to set the strobe to manual and fire on below half to low power if I do this....but is there a real risk to burning out the bulbs if I fire with too much power and too fast? or will the flash just fire when It recycles in the rapid shooting sequence. I also understand that doing this above water is a no go for heat dissipation.

I really don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks for any help or advice.

What do you mean by rapid fire shooting and why is that important to you? In general at relatively low power (less than half) you should have no trouble at a few frames per second but at 15 frames per second I think the strobe will not keep up. I have the D3 (not duo) and it can shoot at half power at 3-4 frames per second
Bill

Just thinking ahead for fast moving subjects like sea lions or other similar fast subjects. Just a question as to whether I can burn out the bulb if I pressed the recycle time or if the strobe has a fail safe prevent a catastrophic issue like that. Thanks for the insight with your shooting. I’m still very new to this all and want prevent costly mistakes. It’s taken me years to save for this equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom