YS-15 / Tray / Arm / Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPG3K

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys.

I just found someone local here who is selling a YS-15 with the whole tray and bendable Sea&Sea arm kit and the cable for a really good price. About 2/3 the price of the tray and arm by itself, actually. All items are in really good condition.

Hes getting out of SCUBA due to ear injury during his vacation dives.

I did a little searching, it seems most recommend the YS27 over the YS15, obviously, bigger strobe = better, especially with manual controls, but for the price, I'm curious if the YS-15 will be a good starting point for me.

The cheapest I can seem to find a YS27 is 300.00 used, just the head is 400.00 online. I'll be paying less than 100.00 for the whole YS15 setup.

What do you guys think?

I don't know what Guide means/translates to underwater, I've only used land based speedlites with land based ISO situations, but the Guide No. for the YS15 is 12, which I'm guessing is similar to the CoolFlash nano?

Back
Top Bottom