YouTube Settings & Defaults

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MN Lakeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've posted many of my trip videos on YouTube. After upgrading to a high end Sony HD camcorder, my last several videos have been uploaded to my YouTube channel in either 720 or 1080 HD (last one from recent trip with Cayman Aggressor attached...). I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to have my videos automatically open in the HD setting. Whenever I send a link to my friends/dive buddies, I have to instruct them to click the little "gear" icon & bump up the viewing resolution to HD to get the best of my images. Is there a way to change this default??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWbQZzOYUw&list=UUsBMq9-LCO4yUCj1bHqq9pA

I've posted many of my trip videos on YouTube. After upgrading to a high end Sony HD camcorder, my last several videos have been uploaded to my YouTube channel in either 720 or 1080 HD (last one from recent trip with Cayman Aggressor attached...). I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to have my videos automatically open in the HD setting. Whenever I send a link to my friends/dive buddies, I have to instruct them to click the little "gear" icon & bump up the viewing resolution to HD to get the best of my images. Is there a way to change this default??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWbQZzOYUw&list=UUsBMq9-LCO4yUCj1bHqq9pA
Youtube sets the speed based on the connection of the person viewing it.

You can tell them to manually change it like you stated but they may get some buffering.

I thought that was the case earlier, but even folks with lightning fast bandwidth (I have 10 MB/sec Infinity cable), get the 360 default.

Back
Top Bottom