Your favorite Anilao Divesite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
Spoon how was your drift dive?

we did our drift dives in sepoc and cathedral deep. i trully enjoyed both. cant say the same for my girlfriend and other buddy. they both got over fatigued whcih resulted in low on air situation for my gf and extreme fatigue on my buds part due to his crappy regulator ( he forgot his din to yoke adaptor) thus had to rent lousy reg:) he was complaining that the reg dint draw air well so he got a major headache.

that's good, to hear you enjoyed it. Looks like your friends have a different diving comfort level than you have.

Spoon:
we did our drift dives in sepoc and cathedral deep. i trully enjoyed both. cant say the same for my girlfriend and other buddy. they both got over fatigued whcih resulted in low on air situation for my gf and extreme fatigue on my buds part due to his crappy regulator ( he forgot his din to yoke adaptor) thus had to rent lousy reg:) he was complaining that the reg dint draw air well so he got a major headache.

If ever you'll lead a dive group it pays to be lazy underwater. Every one has his or her own comfort level. Observe and adjust.

Also your Bud got a major headache cuz of carbon dioxide buildup, maybe just maybe. Your tired gf? Maybe its those-soon-to-be-replaced old crappy fins your telling us about in another thread.

paolov:
that's good, to hear you enjoyed it. Looks like your friends have a different diving comfort level than you have.

they always complain that im overdoing it. never too much of a good thing. i guess im more hardcore than most people:)

clgsamson:
If ever you'll lead a dive group it pays to be lazy underwater. Every one has his or her own comfort level. Observe and adjust.

Also your Bud got a major headache cuz of carbon dioxide buildup, maybe just maybe. Your tired gf? Maybe its those-soon-to-be-replaced old crappy fins your telling us about in another thread.

my bud got a headache becasue he claims that the regulator he rented (oceanic) was crappy (hes been using a poseidon extreme his whole life) and that he was breathing laboriously whole time

as for my gf, yup its about time we change her hand-me-down tusa fins. am getting her the jets:)

yup sure blame it on the reg,but didn't he check the reg before going out to dive?

it would be hardly be the fault of a DIN and a yoke in being the cause of a headache. even an unbalanced reg can be used at below 100ft without causing any headaches.

:)

paolov:
yup sure blame it on the reg,but didn't he check the reg before going out to dive?

it would be hardly be the fault of a DIN and a yoke in being the cause of a headache. even an unbalanced reg can be used at below 100ft without causing any headaches.

:)

reg was working perfectly but compared to his poseidon it was crap. he was complaining that drawing air was significantly laborious. reason why he rented this was he forgot his din yoke adaptor and no one at the resort had a spare one so using his beloved poseidon was out of the question.

interesting to know that my bud always ends his dive with around 400-500 psi in his tank. an average of four dives with his rented reg his ending readings were around 1000-1200psi. he even commented that since the reg dint draw air as much as his poseidon, that he was infact able to conserve air although very uncomfortable.

i guess his headache was attributed to many factors: current, not used to his reg, fatigue etc. etc.

Spoon:
interesting to know that my bud always ends his dive with around 400-500 psi in his tank. an average of four dives with his rented reg his ending readings were around 1000-1200psi. he even commented that since the reg dint draw air as much as his poseidon, that he was infact able to conserve air although very uncomfortable.

i guess his headache was attributed to many factors: current, not used to his reg, fatigue etc. etc.

sounds funny don't you think? to attribute the air consumption with a DIN or Yoke than on the first or second stage which controls the air pressure.

with the crappy reg he was able to use air efficiently. though he may have higher levels of stress due to his predisposition on a crappy reg. it needs getting used to.

the main difference may be on the velocity the crappy reg was giving him. he was forced to "draw" air from the reg which regulated his air consumption to the appropriate volume required by his lungs. however the effort in "drawing" air would not be normal to him compared to his poseidon which has (assuming) a pilot valve that once activated, gives higher volume (own adjustment) compared t the crappy reg.

hence the crappy reg taught him to draw air DEEPLY and SLOWLY as is the recommended method in efficient air management.

maybe he can adjust his poseidon to give him less.

paolov:
sounds funny don't you think? to attribute the air consumption with a DIN or Yoke than on the first or second stage which controls the air pressure.

with the crappy reg he was able to use air efficiently. though he may have higher levels of stress due to his predisposition on a crappy reg. it needs getting used to.

the main difference may be on the velocity the crappy reg was giving him. he was forced to "draw" air from the reg which regulated his air consumption to the appropriate volume required by his lungs. however the effort in "drawing" air would not be normal to him compared to his poseidon which has (assuming) a pilot valve that once activated, gives higher volume (own adjustment) compared t the crappy reg.

hence the crappy reg taught him to draw air DEEPLY and SLOWLY as is the recommended method in efficient air management.

maybe he can adjust his poseidon to give him less.

wow i never knew that! i myself am using a poseidon extreme and there is no adjustment knob or valve anywhere

Spoon:
wow i never knew that! i myself am using a poseidon extreme and there is no adjustment knob or valve anywhere

Poseidon xtreme principle is built on the ability for the gas mixture to flow at high speed, in as straight a path as possible through the regulator, thus creating the maximum gas delivery. In short breathing resistance is almost nil and no need for a venturi switch. It is a very nice and reliable but pricey reg.

Back
Top Bottom