Your Digital camera settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
How big is your xd/CF/SM?

I was using a 1GB CF (SanDisk Ultra II). It was great to never feel rushed on this trip to offload images or recharge. I was doing 4 or 5 dives every day, but always had plenty of room on the card (I was trying to be a little more selective than previously :D). Also, I was using 2200mAh AA batteries in the camera, and because I had the sync cords I wasn't using the camera's internal flash at all, so the batteries lasted forever too. The DS-125 strobes never failed on me either -- they hold a charge a long time. The only reason I ever needed to crack open the housing was to take topside shots, at which point I'd also just stick in some new batteries and clear off the card. I could probably have shot all day long like this, but I was using the DS-125 modelling lights on night dives, and didn't want to run out of juice, so I kept them pretty well charged.

mandrake:
Actually I think using RAW mode, if your camera supports it, is far and away the best option. It gives you the most flexibility, as you can set whatever white balance you want afterwards. Failing that, calibrating is the next best option....

You also have to think about doing that processing afterwards. You'll need a manipulation program that supports RAW or accepts one of the plug-ins available. I can't afford Photoshop7 or above at $700 to do that. I'm not sure if there are other programs that accept RAW formats.

Back
Top Bottom