Your Best Shots of 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, good ol' CCV ... I need to get back to that place ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

@asha On the ikelite housing the problem with shooting wet lens 50/50 is that the 67mm port has holes that allow water between the lens and lens port, so trying to shoot 50 50 results in 2 water lines on the photo. So I put one of those big flat rubber bands around the port to block the holes drilled that allow water in. Eventually it leaks, but you have about 10 minutes to try and get the shot. Hope it helps!

My contribution

Here are a few I took this year. My 2nd year diving, and first with a camera. Canon G11 with Canon housing, no strobe. First 3 are from Wilmington, NC where we dove on the Hyde and Markham, and the rest are from our liveaboard trip from St. Kitts to St. Maarten.

DPP_0015.jpgDPP_0016.jpgDPP_0002.jpgIMG_2717.jpgIMG_3146.jpgIMG_3389.jpgIMG_3452.jpgIMG_3468.jpgIMG_3656-3.jpg

Oh, great catch on the frogfish with his mouth open!

Here are some of my favorites from this year, in the amateur category. All taken in BC.
octo1.jpg hermit2.jpg awesome.jpg nudibranch2.jpg

Sadly, I didn't get out diving much this year, and my camera case broke a few months ago, but hopefully 2012 will bring me much more diving with many more underwater photos...

Last edited:
2011 was not very productive for us (2012 probably even worst). Before we move to landlock country mid of the year, we had 3 dive trips - Gorontalo & Togean, Bali and Donggala.
Poor dad, most of the time my daughters acquired the cameras - here what we like (all macro are my daughters, most of WA are mine)

Gorontalo & Togean
togian_2.jpgmelati_and_scorpionfish1.jpgMelati_nemo_eggs.jpgtogian_table_coral.jpgtogian_seastar_and_coral.jpgSalvador_dali_and_divers.jpg

Bali
Tulamben_Drop_Off.jpgLiberty_wreck_and_jackfish.jpgEmperor_shrimp1.jpgMelato_moray_1.jpgsb_melati_frog_fish.jpgbumphead_2.jpgSeafan3.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom