You Know You're A Scuba Addict When...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You definitly are an addict like me whenever you read all the novels about treasure hunting and skim the pages to get to the dive parts of the book. I'm in college and every physical education class required that I write a 1 page summary of something that is based on physical fitness or sports. I converted a land locked teacher into a SCUBA fanatic from all the diving science, medicine and fitness articles I wrote about. I believe she became certified this summer. I've just about brought a friend to the wet side of life by letting him read all my old dive magazines. (I have about 5 milk cartons worth right now).

When 97% of your email is notifications of replys to the threads you are subscribed to on SB

Well thats cool at least I am not the only one
• When your non diver friends avoid you cause all u talk about is diving
• You use your dive knife while dinning
• You spend 50% of your working hours on the net looking for dive destination or new equipment or scuba board
• Linking everyday life situation to diving
• Feel so bad about taking a vacation with family or friends who are non divers
• When angry you run to your regulator and take a few sips just to calm down
• At some point you forget the entire English language and start using signs
• When walking in the street you keep wondering what a lovely dive site this would be if it was submerged
• Convincing dive center to develop a website in return getting free dives or a gear
• When every single problem in your life could be solved by just going diving
• Personally this is my favorite wasting 30 min of working hours just to write this LIST

Boy i need to get a life outside of water...

Ohh how could I forget this every day when I am dressing for work I make sure my belt is right hand release

You're SOOO Scuba-addicted when...

...while driving your car up steep mountain roads, you search your dash display for the bar graph that should tell you if you're ascending too fast.
11.gif

And for my DIR buddies:
...you clip your cell phone at your right hip so you can route your seat belt under it.
11doh.gif

...you clik-in and release your seat-belt buckle without looking...every time...on purpose, just because you can.
medal.gif

...when driving on dry dirt roads you feel bad about leaving huge clouds of silt hanging behind you.
nonononono.gif

...you fantasize about getting HID turn signals for better communication between team drivers in low viz conditions.
light.gif

...after leaving the dive site in separate cars, you call your dive buddy on the cell phone just so you can keep talking about the dive while you're each driving home. :cheers:

...you think of all these things after a fun, but grungy, morning dive in lousy conditions and can't wait to get home and post them on ScubaBoard
04.gif
!!!

"Get away from me with that 12-step program! It's my addiction and I'm keeping it!!!"
theyareontome.gif

you are a scuba addict if ...

You have 3 sets of gear: one in your daily driver(just in case you have a few hours to blow), a set that is still in pieces all over your house, and a set that is all your out of date equipment that you keep around just in case in a big tub near your bed (presumably to induce diving dreams through smelling fouled dive gear)

You have ever dived in a ditch just to test out that new piece of gear.

You have dive in you vehicle that is worth 10X the value of the car (bonus points if you ever tried to trade in said vehicle and the guy that checks it out asks "what's that smell?!?) (even more points if you go into detail and still get stuck without a trade in)

You have ever called a loved one a nickname that is also a dive gear manufacturer (aeris would work for gals and possibly apollo or ocean master for guys - sorry can't think of others that might work) (points if you come up with more than 5 for each sex)

You have 2 jobs one you make over 50 grand a year and the other is minimum wage at the dive shop. (definitly a bonus if both jobs are dive related)

If a loved one has dug out your wetsuit and slept with it in the bed because they missed how you smelled.

You have ever cashed in all the beer cans you find in a lake at the recycling place and have enough for that trip to bonaire.

Is your car red with a white racing stripe down the sides? or blue on one end and white on the othere? (dive flag and alpha flag)

So far you have agreed with all these terms. (give yourself a pat on the back your one of us!!)

You have your house set up with a cavern line so you can practice your line technique instead of turning on the lights.

Empty out your pockets-Is at least 2 things dive related other than your c-card?

You're disappointed when you ordered a water bed and all you saw was a big hot water bottle.

That 2 story shed you built is just too good for the gardening tools and lawn mower...now you have full rinsing station enough drying area for the city and the second story is a full dust free servicing area and has a high speed internet connection and fully stocked library on every dive site and diving related subject (this idea comes from a guy I know who is a wake boarding enthusiast)

(this one was actually overheard in a conversation at campus)...You have said "I wonder if there were any divers when that city was flooded in the huricane"

You sneak up on people at the swiming area in the lake and you aren't caught. (ok I'm sorry if you were the last one I did that too....I mean to say..."I couldn't help that my octo purged when I was right under you....")

You are definitly an addict if you have ever combined sports with scuba divin- under water mountain biking for that quary, offroad driving and using your scuba tank instead of buying a compressor (i'm guilty), or you use your dive mask while participating in snow sports due to your ears popping.

And finally if you are an addict like me...when people get upset with you slipping curse words in a sentence and institute diving related terms to be more p.c. (that barnacle scraper, he sure is a leaky 2nd stage, he's done let his tanks run dry too much, He'd spear a puffer fish for it's size, and one I have used this week....He's as reliable as a bad fill of air.

:D ...or you tell people to equalize as they ride up a elevator....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom