You can Run but You Can't Hide!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, Deb! I should have called you! I thought I was set and ready to be a part of a team, but it was not to be...
May wander down for the weigh in.
:depressed:

Dang, Deb! I should have called you! I thought I was set and ready to be a part of a team, but it was not to be...
May wander down for the weigh in.
:depressed:

Holy smokes! Someone gave up having the ringer on their team? Or were they afraid you would scare off other entries?

Dang Sallye I'd thought you'd be all over that as well.
Grab me a 2XL t-shirt if they have one and I'll pay ya back when we get there today or tomorrow.

I know!!! I was so surprised I couldn't get a berth. Still am.
I tried to be considerate and wait for answers from those who said they were getting it together, rather than pestering everyone I could think of. Didn't want to say yes to one and then have to change it if I found someone else...
That won't happen next time! If there is one.... It's been awhile between the last two...
Thanks for the kind words...
Guess I will just have to stick with killing them on my own!

Wow! Before I saw it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have been able to imagine the huge number of lionfish that were caught this morning!

The judges counted into a large garbage can, which was quickly filled. Then they commandeered a commercial beer cooler and filled that, too. Too bad I didn't know to bring a plastic bag --folks were allowed to take fish home with them...

I heard that there were 19 teams competing in two categories: Professional (fishermen) and Amateur (recreational divers, including dive pros.) I think the largest catch of the day by a single boat was 246 -- that's the longest count I witnessed, at any rate. Biggest ones were around 40cm and there were a lot of those.

Lionfish was served (gratis) as ceviche, breaded & fried fillets, and another preparation that I couldn't figure out. Water and refrescos were free, which was a pleasant surprise on this hot day.

Sorry, Joe, no t-shirts for sale. But a great event nevertheless.

There were around 1500 lion fish caught again this year. Lots of fun as always. We may not have won this year but we had the coolest shirts thanks to our sponsors! pez-2.jpgpez.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom