Yonaguni

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ambertiger:
Hi Guys,

I am a PADI instructor based in Taiwan, I wish to plan a dive trip to Yonaguni/Ishigaki. Would you be kind enough to share the info you have gathered from your trips? i.e. reliable dive operator, hotel, general expenses and any advice you have to offer on the whole trip. Is there a season for the dives? If so when is the best time to go? Is there a season for the Hammerheads? My email is divingintaiwan@yahoo.com.tw

Thanks for your help. Andy.

hi andy,

sorry for my delayed reply. i had been to Cocos Island, Costa Rica from April 9 till yesterday.

the HH season in yonaguni is from december thru march. the one for the underwater ruins is the same because they are located along the southern coast of the island and is not easy to access in summer because of the southern wind. the diving service i choose is Yonaguni Diving Service because they are the oldest, biggest, and most reliable in terms of making decisions on weather, currents and dive sites.

in ishigaki, i ALWAYS ask Ocean Blue to help my tour. the owner ms Tochigi, a PADI instructor, is very knowledgeable and thus reliable. it is also important that he has his own boat so that he does not need to compromise to others' needs.

now about lodging. it's a problem in yoaguni because you cannot afford to have much of a choice. there are several, like Irihune, Yonaguni Kanko Hotel, etc., but they just accomodate to your basic needs. in ishigaki, however, you can have a variety of choices from 5-star resort hotels (ANA Hotel, Husaki Resort) to local inns.

if you have further questions, PM me

ken chung ar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom