Yonaguni / Ishigaki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bunty99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm heading to Yonaguni for 6 days diving in February and will be going to Ishigaki after that. I have 1 spare day in Ishigaki that I'm thinking of whether I should dive in the area. I have spoken to the operators and they told me that the likelihood of visiting the famed manta point is only 1 out of every 10 days during winter.

My question is then, besides manta point, is there anything worthwhile seeing that I should dive in Ishigaki or just save my money and sightsee?

I'm gonna go ahead and dive for that 1 day. I'll pray it will be a lucky day for me. There seems to be other pelagics, which is good enough for me.

Any difference between Umicoza or Prime Scuba in Ishigaki? I'm leaning towards Prime Scuba only because they don't return to shore till all 3 dives are done, which gives me more time in the evening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom