Yet ANOTHER pony tank question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. I don't plan to use the air since I don't plan to run out of air;
2. I don't plan to go into Deco, therefore I can afford to blow my safety stop at 15 ft. Now, I always DO my safety stop, but it is not required;
3. I do not plan to be far away from my buddy on challenging dives; and
4. I do not plan to combine items 1, 2, or 3 (above) in any manner.

The fun step is determining the relative probabilities of being wrong in each manner. For me, I'd rank them 2-1-3-4 (least to most likely), which is funny because I probably would have said 4. was the most likely if I didn't stop and think about it.

The fun step is determining the relative probabilities of being wrong in each manner. For me, I'd rank them 2-1-3-4 (least to most likely), which is funny because I probably would have said 4. was the most likely if I didn't stop and think about it.

I agree. Accidents often happen because of a series of sequential screw-ups, each of which can be easily dealt with, but in the case of a fatality often none of them were properly dealt with. To encounter 1, 2, and 3 would mean that either you are having some seriously bad luck OR you failed to plan the diver properly and/or call it when things started to go south.

With respect to my antagonist and his post 12, if you accidentally enter deco and run out of air and (it would seem) that your buddy is nowhere to be found I would suggest that you might have been solo diving on air at 300 ft and didn't have the head for it. If his scenario were plausible for an alert, capable diver why not throw in hungry sharks below and a school of jellyfish above? Or maybe a meteorite? Really, if you f**k up that bad, why chastise me for being 2-3 lbs light? But if he is right, just get me to the surface. If he is right and I am bent, I'll take the chamber ride and hope for the best. In fact, if he is right, my luck is SO bad that I'll be thankful that I didn't encounter the sharks or the jellyfish.

Personally, in 7 mm x 2 piece or my drysuit I am plenty negative 15 ft below the surface. Especially in the neoprene. Not that I wear it anymore if I can help it.

:focus:

MC:
any benefit or downside to steel pony tanks vs. aluminum? I can get either for the same price. Just to not see many steel ponys out there 13 or 19cf.

Go for a 30 -- it will do you more good and has a better resale value than a 12 or 19. As some have already said, no reason to go steel on a pony / deco / stage bottle.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Enough...

A number of posts containing taunts and personal attacks have been removed. Stick to the topic and leave the insults out of it.

Please post a gas management plan for two people diving in low 10'-15' vis to 80fsw for 35 minutes to show us all how that "really" works. One is diving an AL80 with a SAC of .7 and the other is diving an HP 100 with a SAC of .6.

:popcorn:

10-15 is considered low ?! Oh you are spoiled :0)

Reactions: Jax
Misunderstood the other post.

^^^ SS, thought so, but I respect you, so I liked it, assuming that I misunderstood you.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

As you have not heeded Cave Diver's warning, additional posts have been removed. Continued disruption of the board is likely to result in restrictions on your posting privileges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom