Yet Another Indonesia Trip Report, Part 2 - Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manuel....never have done the twlight dive on Saturday....something in me says the night or twlight dive has never appealed to me in those currents:shocked2:....LOL.....but I always do the Sunday AM dives and dry it overnight (the best you can) at the hotel. But I am going to schedule 4 dives a day and fly in Max's plane when I'm there!:)

Wow, what a great trip report & that certainly makes you wanna. It's a shame that all our dive gear would be a little to heavy for hand luggage!! Anyway, we are thinking of heading out to Kri in August, but are a little worried about what the diving conditions will be like in that month. Anyone been in August? After that we wanna do some wreck diving around Mankowari, but I can't find any land based operations, any ideas how we could dive there?

MM

Scott,

We only did two night dives - one at a pier on the Mansuar Island (the one next door to Kri), I forget the name of the dive site. The other one was on the sheltered side of Koh - the little one that is right in front of Sorido. There wasn't any current on either dive. We also did a couple of twilight dives right at the pier to shoot the mandarinfish. After Lembeh, the night dives here, I must say, were a bit ho-hum. Got a glimpse of the epaulette shark before it vanished on one of the night dives, and we saw a toadfish on the other - those were pretty much the highlights.

Max sent me a picture taken by Leon of the plane flying over those beautiful islands in Wayag - the ones that look like the Rock Islands of Palau. It's not kosher for me to make public other people's pix without their permission, let alone alter it to fit the memory size allowed here. You're a customer of theirs, so they might not mind. If you PM me with your email address, I''ll email it to you.

Manta Man: sorry, can't help you. Maybe you can email the resort directly.

I was the "third diver" Manuel mentioned in his trip report. I am generally more of a lurker than a poster (shame on me), but I just read this thread and thought I would mention how pleased I was with the staff. Max, Leon and Claudia made me feel very welcome.

And although I am a pilot, I could not persuade Max to take me up in his plane (as it was not ready for guests) but I can't wait to see the view from above when I return.

Great report Manuel.

I just got back on Wednesday....god i love Sorido and that diving...never thought it could be better than the previous two times....Wrong...this was the best trip!....Max took me up in the "experimental" plane....that was way kewl!!!!

Back
Top Bottom