Yet another BC fit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
I rented a back-inflate BC for the first time today, a seaQuest Balance. Is the lowest strap supposed to be around my hips? I have a short torso so I was thinking it was intended to be up a tad higher? The Balance isn't meant for ladies is it? Poking around thier site it seems the Libra is the ladies version of the Balance. Otherwise I liked it very much.

I have the Seaquest Balance and the lowest strap goes around the waist for me. You can adjust it by changing the length of the shoulder straps. The libra is the ladies version of the balance. I would imagine it provides the same stability underwater as the balance does. I personally love my balance so far.

The Libra is essentially the ladies Balance. It's what I have. For me, with the small size BC, the waist strap sits just a little lower than a traditional (not current!) waistband on jeans would. I found it a very comfortable BC, except for my issues with being too small for all of them . . .

The Balance waist band is where the current jeans style is on me. I hate traditional jeans :wink: but I suspected that's where it was supposed to be and where I'd prefer it to be.

Do you really need a ladies BC? I don't know any woman using a ladies BC and I've never heard complaints...

I have little shoulders and a little waist and a big chest, I think a ladies BC would be a good idea since I can't get the men's small enough.

You could also think of a harness and wing (not necessarily with a backplate).

Yup, gonna try one and see which configuration annoys me the least before I buy anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom