Yet again - recommendation for two backup lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dorcy has enough power, IMO. If you do go for it, be very careful with the threads, they're easy to damage when reassembling the light. I'd stand the light up on a desk with the lens facing the tabletop as you screw it in.
If you get it from Pirhana dive manufacturing, it's around $90 for two lights with bolt snaps. They have great after sale support too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I've treated mine like dirt for years and never had any problem with the threads. I don't even look at them when I screw them together.

I really like Intova's (Home - Intova) offerings for that use. Simple and rugged. One big button on base: bright, not so bright, and off. Great for clunky coldwater gloves. Got mine from Cave Adventurers.

View attachment 193874

Another vote for the Intova Tovatec Compact Torch. I have one on each shoulder strap on my harness and can barely tell they're there.

If you end up wanting to sell your Scouts, let me know.

I have 5 of the Dorcy's. Used them for back ups for years. Now they are student lights or clear warm water primaries. My back ups now are Morph and a HOG Piglet. Both are super compact, reliable, and while the Morph is over 150.00 the Piglet runs on three AAA batteries and is under 50 bucks.

---------- Post added September 25th, 2014 at 08:06 PM ----------

And yes to be totally up front I do sell both of them.

Hi Jim. I will look at the morph. After a few weeks of diving, I kind of forget about the price. charlie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom