Yes there are women commercial divers !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've known two Commercial Divers in my career that were female. One of them was more of a man than I am, the other was from sweden, and quite possibly the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

Now that we've gotten through the important facts...
Both of them were good divers and worked hard every day to earn their money and make the company profitable.

*Edit, lol
They put Tammy Brown in there. What BS. Her dad owned Diver's Academy. She took it over when her dad retired. She was never employed as a diver.

It is still rare to see women working underwater. I'm hoping to live long enough to see the day when a mediocre women gets hired as a diver, just like so many mediocre men do. For now only the exceptionally good ones get hired.

Not complaining though, I'm lucky to see the brand new kids going through Navy Dive School. It is so cool to see 1 or 2 girls in the group of punks getting their butts kicked around the base early mornings, some days at the end of the pack others at the very front. Just as eager (and ready) to do well as the boys in the group.

It is even cooler when you see a woman among the instructors.

We are getting there.

The telling point is the complete lack of women on page 8.

You are so right, but it will happen even if following baby steps, at least you see one third level from the top.

Takes for ever to push the door open but usually the women that manage to push hard enough to enter, have the tendency to leave it ajar so the next woman can go through a but easier.

You are so right, but it will happen even if following baby steps, at least you see one third level from the top.

Takes for ever to push the door open but usually the women that manage to push hard enough to enter, have the tendency to leave it ajar so the next woman can go through a but easier.

That's excellent insight Ana

There arent many of us around. This is a little bit about who we are ,And what we are doing in the commercial diving field.
Underwater - July/August 2010

Cool, I wonder if it will be out in hardcopy. Come to think about it, I haven't seen an Underwater mag in a while.

Is that you on page 20?

Yes that is me im also on other pages as well. The opening paragraph is also about me. Im glad you enjoyed it.
Take Care and dive safe and dive often, Liz

Cool, I wonder if it will be out in hardcopy. Come to think about it, I haven't seen an Underwater mag in a while.

It came out on hard copy this past July-AUG 2010. Take a closer look at the females and you will see one of them is me. They put them out every 2 months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom