Yes. I need a vibrating-alarm computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd say around 5 minutes, I usually pump up the pO2 a bit and end the prebreathe once my solenoid fires on <0,2 pO2.
My take away is that I need to focus on the unit even out of the water (a bad habit I have from DM-ing on open circuit where I would check my stuff as I was jumping off the boat, that's not gonna fly with the death machine I seem to have bought). I'm 99% sure I would notice the solenoid not firing in the water even if I was not checking my pO2.

Got it, so you just drew the short straw and had a solenoid failure after a good prebreathe! So glad you were aware enough to "bail out" on the beach. Thanks for sharing that story.

It's off topic for this thread, but I do like discussing CCR failure modes - I gave a talk on checklists for one of Gareth Lock's seminars and I learned that there is a lot of room for improvement in our little bubble-free world.

I remember a similar issue on a boat dive where someone (who didn't do a long pre-breathe) stood up, walked in gear from his bench seat to the transom and collapsed on the deck before he made it. Most dive boat crews that I see now ask you to give them your PO2 before they let you splash.

I can't ever hear my solenoid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom