Year of Birth/Age option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to display age and/or the year of birth without the day and month like the old BB software?

I don't mind anyone knowing my age but have some concerns over identity theft issues. Not security of Scubaboard itself but someone piecing bits of info together collected across the Net. It seams like giving a name and DOB is enough to access a lot of records now.

This is already an option.

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/account/personal-details

upload_2017-6-14_12-57-28.png

You can see it in action here (this would be Pete's Profile)

upload_2017-6-14_12-56-51.png

So you are asking for the ability to add a checkbox to the profile to "show year only" and then have it display on the profile?

This will take some time to code. When I have some free time, I'll work on it.

So you are asking for the ability to add a checkbox to the profile to "show year only" and then have it display on the profile?...

Exactly. Don't knock yourself out but it would be nice. I don't care if everyone on the Net knows how old I am as long as my full DOB is protected in order to make identity theft a little harder.

Thanks

Well... based on Pete's response, I'll see if he has a simple solution up his sleeve. Otherwise, I'll see if I can do this sometime in the near future.

My usual answer to this is to put Jan 1 of the relevant year as the birthday.

my birthday is incorrect for security reasons.

Likewise. Rather give wrong information, you guys can still give me gifts anyway. Good feedback regarding our security a DOB is another puzzle piece I'd rather made a little more difficult for scammers to access.

Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom