Yeah! New A95 & UW Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrissie

Reaction score
Yeah! I just got my UW housing in the mail today! I got the A95 yesterday. I can't wait to use them!! I am so glad I brought the SeaLife 300 back to the store. I ended up paying about $120 more for the canon setup but already it is well worth it. Picture quality is awesome above water. I can't wait to see what it looks like below!

My question is this: Is there anything I should know about before heading underwater? Should I just use the Underwater Special Scene selection on the camera? I do not have an external strobe yet (I am broke after purchasing the cruise, two new cameras (one for UW & a Nikon D70 for regular pics) & a housing!) :11:

What should I do to prepare my housing? How soon before I dive should I grease the seal? This is all new to me (diving included!) so any help would be appreciated.

Also, what are the different ways some of you use to attach your camera to your BC so you don't lose it?

Thanks!!
Chrissie

Chrissie -

Great to hear your gear arrived!

Look here for some tips to get you started with settings etc.

The Canon housing has an oring that you do not need to grease up very often. Check closely for any debris before closing and run your finger along it to make sure it isn't dry. If it is a little dry, you can run some spit over it or a tiny bit of the supplied grease. O-rings should be slightly shiny and slippery only...no globs!

I'd get a clipping lanyard...your local dive shop should have one. I prefer the brass clips as the plastic ones can get bent and slip loose...you may need to replace them as usually these things are sold with the plastic ones. All up probably $20.

INSURANCE!! Do not leave home without it. I use DEPP and others prefer DAN. Your homeowners insurance might cover it too, but check with them...and find out if your premium will rise. DEPP shouldn't be much as it goes on the value of your camera. If your camera is of a price you are happy to spend again, then you don't need the insurance.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Learn those buttons and have a great trip...we look forward to the photos and the report.

Back
Top Bottom