Yeah Baby more Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am intersted in buying some sort of "fishfinder" to help find some wrecks.
I however have little knowlege of what to look for.
Could you please tell me what you where using to get such good pictures?

Craig

Juggernaut once bubbled...
I am intersted in buying some sort of "fishfinder" to help find some wrecks.
I however have little knowlege of what to look for.
Could you please tell me what you where using to get such good pictures?

Craig

Side Scan Sonar, gives me 800 feet per pass to view. Your typical "affordable" fish finder you will have to be on top of the wreck to see anything. There are a few that give you contouring and a bit of distance, most likely a good combination when used with a sidescan unit.

Tom

Tom R once bubbled...
With the "hit" sans sidescan Dan and Harold got on Monday we're now at 27. Mostly scuttlings though but pretty interesting sites still.

We also found a couple of cars in the inner harbour, an anchor some practice bombing sites.

Tom

I am sure there are alot of divers out there who will agree with me when I say thank you for all the hard work/fun, you are putting into finding new dive sites. Wonderful job.

il second that marie...tom you sure have done alot of work up to this date...keep it up we are always happy to hear about what you find...have you dove any of them yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom