Y valve vs H valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there enough room on them to mount two first stages easily?

Can you get them in imperial thread sizes?

Yes, that is how I run mine. They do have them in imperial sizes; however, you can only find them used as they stopped making them some time ago. You hear rumors of them doing another run on these but so far that has never materialized. Every now and then someone pops up and sells some but they are rather rare. I remember looking at them in the display case for years at the local shop wondering why anyone would want one. I now wish I had bought all of them.

Yes, that is how I run mine. They do have them in imperial sizes; however, you can only find them used as they stopped making them some time ago. You hear rumors of them doing another run on these but so far that has never materialized. Every now and then someone pops up and sells some but they are rather rare. I remember looking at them in the display case for years at the local shop wondering why anyone would want one. I now wish I had bought all of them.

Any chance you have a picture of them rigged up with two first stages? I am curious to see how it would look and fit?

I didn't have any available so I went out and took a quick pic.

80-img_4106_608f9d90dd8979925a303790e0eac3c4eff3728a.jpeg

When this is all mounted up, I run the 7' primary hose and the BC inflator off the right post and I run the secondary regulator and SPG off the left.

80-img_4105_5b01bf2b82cb2e003d6943049b6cf630acfec4f8.jpeg

sas-valve.jpg

Very cool! Thanks! To bad they don't make those in DIN. Would be fun to use on a 72 I have.

A 72 (71.2 cu ft @ 2,250 + 10% psig) is really LP. So, no real need for DIN--unless you're concerned about either impacting something or decreasing entanglement risk a bit.

I'd like to someday try my configuration on a PST E7 (~100 cu ft @ 3,442 psig), the successor to the Sherwood Genesis/PST HP100 (102 cu ft @ 3,500 psig), though now we're talking about pressures that suggest using DIN.

rx7diver

I didn't have any available so I went out and took a quick pic.

When this is all mounted up, I run the 7' primary hose and the BC inflator off the right post and I run the secondary regulator and SPG off the left.

Thanks! That is awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom