Y valve vs H valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAREFUL! Isn't the M25 (i.e., Metric 25 x 0.75) thread different from the 3/4" NPSM thread we see here in the USA on LP cylinders?

rx7diver

It will work for 8 - 10 fills and then BOOOM, a rocket like projectile that can kill and would go through a car's door :)

BrokenKnob_20201227.jpeg Y_Valve_20100829b.jpg Y_Valve_20100829a.jpg
This would be the first time I have ever seen a Y-Valve.

@Ulfhedinn ,

First pic is a relatively recent pic (12/27/2020) showing one of my Y-valves mounted on a LP OMS/Faber 121/125. (Pic shows a broken valve knob.)

Second and third pics are old pics (08/29/2010) showing my other Y-valve mounted on an old-school PST 72, with two Scubapro Mk 10 Plus 1st stages attached. This configuration is one of my favorites for the type of diving I typically do these days. Note: Primary 2nd stage is a Scubapro D400, and backup is a Scubapro G250.

rx7diver

View attachment 678114 View attachment 678116 View attachment 678118

@Ulfhedinn ,

First pic is a relatively recent pic (12/27/2020) showing one of my Y-valves mounted on a LP OMS/Faber 121/125. (Pic shows a broken valve knob.)

Second and third pics are old pics (08/29/2010) showing my other Y-valve mounted on an old-school PST 72, with two Scubapro Mk 10 Plus 1st stages attached. This configuration is one of my favorites for the type of diving I typically do these days. Note: Primary 2nd stage is a Scubapro D400, and backup is a Scubapro G250.

rx7diver

Very cool! Thanks! To bad they don't make those in DIN. Would be fun to use on a 72 I have.

Here are the type that I use and I run them in DIN. They are no longer made and difficult to find.
OIP.6RMrMVNT-uxkQzXiXdurJwHaHa?pid=ImgDet&rs=1.jpg

On a side note, the metric sized valves won't even make it to one fill. We had one on a cylinder that made it about half way to full before the valve was launched up through the ceiling tiles of the dive shop. I still have two Beuchat Y valves that are metric but I just hang on to them for parts if needed.

Double post

Here are the type that I use and I run them in DIN
OIP.6RMrMVNT-uxkQzXiXdurJwHaHa

On a side note, the metric sized valves won't even make it to one fill. We had one on a cylinder that made it about half way to full before the valve was launched up through the ceiling tiles of the dive shop. I still have two Beuchat Y valves that are metric but I just hang on to them for parts if needed.

oh they do have DIN.. Thanks @DAJ .

Bugged...

Bugged...

Back
Top Bottom