Xtar D26 1600S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’ll be diving them this weekend and will post some video.
Hoping the spot is really tight with minimal spill.
I have a Halcyon Focus 2.0 to compare to.

Attachments

• BD3B2981-8CD8-462D-8C79-6330421C0419.jpeg
    BD3B2981-8CD8-462D-8C79-6330421C0419.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 133
I just got one, they are significantly tighter than anything else I have. I don't have a Halcyon to compare to though.

Either of you have a quick rundown of what is different between the 1600 and the 1600S?

Never mind. Found the specs.

Sadly, until Xtar changes the power button away from that "lock" mechanism that does not actually work, I will not have a use for one.

@XTAR The lock mechanism of "hold for 3 seconds" to lock it does not work. What I mean is that it happens FAR too often that the button is held for 3 seconds by accident. If it's in a dive bag, I can set the bag down and something is pressing the button, which turns the light on. If I have it clipped to my harness, the light can get turned and press the button against my body and held for more than 3 seconds, turning it on by accident.

A "lock" that does not actually prevent it from turning on is not really a lock.

I have 2 of the 1600 lights and I have gone back to only using my D26 Whale 1100s because with the mechanical (1/4 turn) lock, the 1100s do not turn on by accident.

Either of you have a quick rundown of what is different between the 1600 and the 1600S?

The locking mechanism is about the same, one slight difference I noticed was that you can hold the light in any mode and lock it out by holding the button, I believe the other ones you have to have off, hold for 3 seconds. It'll turn on and then lock itself off.

I need to take some pictures. The spot is ridiculous, it's like a larger lazer compared to the 1600. I'll get some pictures up tonight shining on the back field.

So far (and I'm not tech / cave / whatever), I can see why they marketed this (or somewhere did) as a signaling light. It's grouped very tight.

Never mind. Found the specs.

Sadly, until Xtar changes the power button away from that "lock" mechanism that does not actually work, I will not have a use for one.

@XTAR The lock mechanism of "hold for 3 seconds" to lock it does not work. What I mean is that it happens FAR too often that the button is held for 3 seconds by accident. If it's in a dive bag, I can set the bag down and something is pressing the button, which turns the light on. If I have it clipped to my harness, the light can get turned and press the button against my body and held for more than 3 seconds, turning it on by accident.

A "lock" that does not actually prevent it from turning on is not really a lock.

I have 2 of the 1600 lights and I have gone back to only using my D26 Whale 1100s because with the mechanical (1/4 turn) lock, the 1100s do not turn on by accident.

It's the 1st thing I complained about before I even received it. I can't depend on the 1600 or the 1600s. The 1100 is rock solid though.

Hi, just wanna ask if anyone has the videos or photos showing the performance of this light? Been hoping for that since I am looking for a cordless light with a tight spot, and this D26 1600s seems to be the perfect candidate.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

Hi, just wanna ask if anyone has the videos or photos showing the performance of this light? Been hoping for that since I am looking for a cordless light with a tight spot, and this D26 1600s seems to be the perfect candidate.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

It's coming.

Went diving this past weekend with the intent of shooting some video...got all the way there and realized I forgot the camera housing:(. Heading back next weekend to finish though.

I did get a chance to use the light on a night dive. I don't own another light with as tight a spot in the middle, so this thing packs a lot of punch.

It's coming.

Went diving this past weekend with the intent of shooting some video...got all the way there and realized I forgot the camera housing:(. Heading back next weekend to finish though.

I did get a chance to use the light on a night dive. I don't own another light with as tight a spot in the middle, so this thing packs a lot of punch.
Hi, did you manage to get some footage of the D26 1600s? Very interested in this light.
I'm currently using a 1600 but looking for something with a tighter beam. (or focus-able)

Hi, did you manage to get some footage of the D26 1600s? Very interested in this light.
I'm currently using a 1600 but looking for something with a tighter beam. (or focus-able)

I did, and then my life was turned a bit.. covid, holidays, my wife's brother died. Lots of events that have just prevented me from editing.

As far as I know Xtar does not make a focus-able light. The 1600s does pack a pretty good punch, I just despise the locking mechanism. For that one reason I prefer the 1100 or the 2500. Both have a manual lock that ensures it's almost impossible to come on by accident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom