XS scuba weight pocket dimension?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Im looking online at picking up a couple of those XS scuba weight pockets but none of the sites specify dimensions.

they claim to hold 5lbs of lead which says to me they are pretty big, I would like something similar but just large enough to hold 2lbs or soft or hard lead weights.

any idea what the dimensions of one of these pouches are?

I want to modify them from their original use kinda.

The actual pocket measures 3"W X 3.5"L but because the Velcro closure flap is quite large, you can fit an object longer than 3.5" into the pocket. I use both hard and soft weights in mine and they range in size from 5-pound hard weights down to 2-pound soft weights. No problems with the little ones coming out of the pockets. I can't say enough about these pockets and wish I had found them a long time ago. Greatest invention since sliced bread, IMHO.

I have the XS scuba weight belt. My only complaint is that the pockets are not individual, but rather 3 to a set. I would have been nice if I could remove the four pockets I don't use, or even two for use on my main belt.

I do like the belt however and it works well. The pockets hold up to five lbs max each hard or soft weight. The pockets are not that big, one really has to stuff it to get 5lbs of weight in them. The previous poster provided the dimensions.

Mine hold 5 lb hard weights. It is a snug fit but works great. They can also hold a pair of 2 lb weights to a pouch easily.

I have the XS scuba weight belt. My only complaint is that the pockets are not individual, but rather 3 to a set. I would have been nice if I could remove the four pockets I don't use, or even two for use on my main belt.
+1

IThe pockets are not that big, one really has to stuff it to get 5lbs of weight in them.
My 5-pound hard weights slip in with room to spare. My 5-pound soft weights require a little more wiggling to get them in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom