XS Scuba SEAAIR Trimetal Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowofwar:
Does anyone know if the xs DIN adaptor for the first stage connects to the yoke or replaces the yoke? I imagine it involves the removal of the yoke since I can't see how you would manage to connect an adaptor to it and a tank without it getting in the way.

Also would this be reliably permanent or would it be a better idea to get a DIN first stage and use a yoke adaptor for when I need to use K-valve tanks?

Also, are the low pressure/high pressure ports on yoke and din first stages the same? So if I wanted to change my first stage from yoke to din would all my old stuff (console, regs) work with no problem on the din first stage or would they each have to be modified to fit into a different port?
I haven't been here in a while BUT, you can have your XS Scuba 1st stage PERMANENTLY converted to DIN and use it (console, guages and everything with a DIN tank. If you ever need to you can use a relatively inexpensive DIN to Yoke convewrter to use your DIN regulator with a K Valve tank.

The DIN Conversion parts were scarce and hard to find instock at one time but should be available by now.

I had same questions! You can't really leave it yoke and use converter to go DIN occasionally because of Pressure problems!

As I stated above, for $225 I bought and use 2 sets of these (me and wife). It is a GOOD relatively inexpensive regulator which is suitable for most RECREATIONAL Diving.

I have used it down to 117 feet but appreciate having a Pony bottle and separate regulator available at the depth even though I haven't needed it thus far!

Back
Top Bottom