XS Scuba RG200 SeaAir Tri-Metal... Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site, as well as scuba diving. I am going to be certified soon, and will be looking to buy some of my own gear. One piece I want to buy is a regulator. I've been doing some research, and one reg that looks like a really good value is the XS Scuba RG200. It got good reviews, and is a nice price. What does everyone think of it? I plan to be diving in both Lake Ontario and down in the Caribbean. Thanks a lot.

Lake Ontario can be cold. I'd get a regulator designed to prevent freeflows and freeze-ups. This is one of the reasons Apeks DS4/ATX-50 combos are a strong favorite of technical divers. These workhorse regs go to extremes and deliver. Best of all, they are only about $300 online.

There are quite a few other suitable regs too, but usually cost much more. I'd stick with a diaphragm (as opposed to a piston style) style reg to keep cold water out of the internals.

Wreck:
Lake Ontario can be cold. I'd get a regulator designed to prevent freeflows and freeze-ups. This is one of the reasons Apeks DS4/ATX-50 combos are a strong favorite of technical divers. These workhorse regs go to extremes and deliver. Best of all, they are only about $300 online.

Can you recommend a reputible online store that sells this combo?

http://www.scubastore.com/shop.asp?id_familia=11&id_subfamilia=38

See the DS4/ATX50 combo. You can cut off $50 by going with a ATX-40 second stage, but the adjustment knob on the ATX50 is a nice feature on a primary reg.

A few buddies of mine (myself included) have ordered several of these from this company, and they do arrive from overseas within 5 days! One downside about buying stuff from overseas is the warrantees are usually not honored here in the US, but have to be shipped back to the overseas seller for that. You can still get them serviced at any LDS though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom