XS Scuba "Power Fins" - Jet Fin Clones???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have the chance to buy a new pair of Power Fins for $50. They appear to fall in the same category as Jets/Turtles/Rockets.

The Jets seem to be the popular gold standard for this style of fin. How do the Power Fins compare?

Hey FD:
Our Power Fins are made in the same factory, using the same rubber compound as the Scubapro Jet Fins. Of course different tooling is used. The Power Fins have a suggested retail price of $85. If they're your size, it's a good deal.

FishDiver:
I have the chance to buy a new pair of Power Fins for $50. They appear to fall in the same category as Jets/Turtles/Rockets.

The Jets seem to be the popular gold standard for this style of fin. How do the Power Fins compare?

XS Scuba:
Hey FD:
Our Power Fins are made in the same factory, using the same rubber compound as the Scubapro Jet Fins. Of course different tooling is used. The Power Fins have a suggested retail price of $85. If they're your size, it's a good deal.

Are the same molds used for the Jets and the PF? How are your Turtles and the Power Fins different?

I was looking at the two of these as well. The Power Fins are not as wide at the Turtles, nor are they as heavy. I've just bought a drysuit and have gone over to the tech side. Nearly everyone I dive with dive with Turtles or Jets. Part of it is they are easier to manuvuer in tight places and heavier, so they help with floaty feet if you have them.

My tech instructor told me that he has a fat foot so the Turtles are what he dives with apparently because of the size of the foot pocket. But he said that they were not as stiff as the Jet fins.

Sounds like a good deal on the fins. LP has the Power Fins for $60 new and $65 for Jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom