XS Scuba FN20x - Power Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone tried these? I see scuba.com has them in stock for $67. I will be within a few miles of their store next month and thought I could try them on instead of guessing at a size for Scuba pro jets. I bought a pair of M jets when I was a kid and can still wear them with bare feet. But most of my diving is with 7mm boots so they are way too small.

Any other dive shops near Anaheim where I could try on Jets?

I have them in Size L. I wear a size M Scubapro Jets with a tropical bootie and the Power Fins in size L fit with 7mm hard sole booties. These fins are a lot heavier than the medium Jets and have more surface area which produces a more powerful frog kick.

TheRedHead:
I have them in Size L. I wear a size M Scubapro Jets with a tropical bootie and the Power Fins in size L fit with 7mm hard sole booties. These fins are a lot heavier than the medium Jets and have more surface area which produces a more powerful frog kick.
Thanks. I wear size 10 booties so I guess I would need the xl, I will take my booties with me so I get a good fit. Do you find the quality the same as Scubapro?

Sask:
Anyone tried these? I see scuba.com has them in stock for $67. I will be within a few miles of their store next month and thought I could try them on instead of guessing at a size for Scuba pro jets.
?

Thats a nice fin at at a really great price. XS's retail on them is $85 !!!

Ron

Sask:
Thanks. I wear size 10 booties so I guess I would need the xl, I will take my booties with me so I get a good fit. Do you find the quality the same as Scubapro?

I wear a size 7 bootie so you would definitely need an XL with a hard sole bootie. So far I'm happy with the quality and didn't see any difference in the materials or construction. I did not care for the straps so I replaced them with spring straps.

I took them on their first dive trip last week and had to add a 2 lb weight to the top tank band to counter their weight:

las-palmas.jpg

I was a bit foot heavy there. As I mentioned, they are much heavier than the size M Jetfins.

Back
Top Bottom