XS Scuba AL-40 bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

There are a lot of people on scubaboard who love the Luxfer AL-40 decompression bottles. The Catalina AL-40s are not very liked because they have a negative bottom and ride funny when they are slung. I understand that XS scuba AL-40 are Worthington AL-40s. Do they match the buoyancy traits of Luxfers or Cats? Can anyone who has used these shed some light on their buoyancy and how they trim?

Just FYI...I have not used the Worthingtons...

I have only used the Luxfer 40...but XS Scuba has both.

LAL40 = Luxfer
AL40 = Worthington

Buoyancy full:
LAL40 = -0.7
AL40 = -1.5

Buoyancy 500PSI:
LAL40 = +1.8
AL40 = +1.0

Both are 15.3 Lbs no valve weight.

I have 4 al40s. I'd have to go look at them to see what brands they are. At lesst one each of Catalina and Luxfer , and I believe I have a Worthington or a Hymark too... I can only tell there's a difference between them if I'm diving them together, which is pretty rare. I have a bunch of al80s from the same manufacturers and frequently dive whatever is handy in any combo, i really dont notice any difference. YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom