Xmas reservations needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTravlin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are taking the kids to Cozumel for the week of Christmas through New Years and would like to dive 2 or 3 days. We've been to Coz before and dove from a cattle boat but would prefer to use one of the 6 pack ops this time around. Should we make reservations well ahead of time or just set something up when we arrive? I also don't want to book ahead and then get shut out by the Northerlies. What's our best option?

Also, the kids don't dive, yet anyway, so that is why we are limited to 2-3 days. Is it too chilly for them to snorkel that time of year?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My wife and I are taking the kids to Cozumel for the week of Christmas through New Years and would like to dive 2 or 3 days. We've been to Coz before and dove from a cattle boat but would prefer to use one of the 6 pack ops this time around. Should we make reservations well ahead of time or just set something up when we arrive? I also don't want to book ahead and then get shut out by the Northerlies. What's our best option?

Also, the kids don't dive, yet anyway, so that is why we are limited to 2-3 days. Is it too chilly for them to snorkel that time of year?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you want to dive the week of Christmas/New Year's with a small boat operation and don't have reservations....there's a 95% chance you won't get on a boat (cattle boat yes, small boat, no). That is the busiest week of the year, and many operations are actually already booked up for that week...so I wouldn't wait any longer to make your reservations.

If you are shut out by a "norte", you will not be charged...at least not by any of the reputable operations I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom