XD's on sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I don't know if the sales are regional, but Comp USA is offering Fuji 128MB for $54 and a 256MB for a bit over $100

justleesa:
I don't know if the sales are regional, but Comp USA is offering Fuji 128MB for $54 and a 256MB for a bit over $100
I've tried both the 32MB XD that came with my 5060 and a 256 MB CF that I bought afterwards, and it seems the CF seems much faster than XD. Not sure if the CF is 4X or 16X, can't remember. But other than supporting the panorama mode, why do people like XD over CF? When I get more cards, I plan to get CF.

Office Max had the xD cards on sale as well.

xD 256MB ~$89 ($30 instant rebate, $20 mail in rebate)

KrustyTheClownFish:
I've tried both the 32MB XD that came with my 5060 and a 256 MB CF that I bought afterwards, and it seems the CF seems much faster than XD. Not sure if the CF is 4X or 16X, can't remember. But other than supporting the panorama mode, why do people like XD over CF? When I get more cards, I plan to get CF.

Good question! Let me tell you why xd for me:
1) I also have the stylus 400 which only holds xd cards. No real choice there.

2)When I use my 5050 underwater I am glad that I have the second card in there. I sometimes do 2-4 dives a day and when set it to SHQ I can get 138 pics on the 512MB CF, which I sometimes take in 2 dives, and then switch over to the xd.
The boat is not a good place to open the camera and between charters there just isn't the time to go to the shop and change. So a bigger xd is the way for me to go.

BTW, I just got a Ridata CF last month and it is 48x write and 52 read. PDQ!

Aloha,
Lisa

If you call Olympus tech support, they have 128 xd's for around $44 shipped.

justleesa:
When I use my 5050 underwater I am glad that I have the second card in there.

Yes, two cards at the same time rocks, that is for sure. I really like that feature on my 5060. I've also been thinking about how to handle my rig on a charter boat. I got tossed around in Coz quite alot without it, and can't imagine trying to open up the housing under those conditions.

I've been using a 1GB CF in my C5050, along with 2200mAh batteries. I can get two dives out of the batteries easily and lots of room left over on the card for above water pictures too. The prices have been coming down on the CF on eBay, with some now dropping below $200. I use a Ridata 40x-52X that cost me about $235.00. I don't even bother to put a card in the second slot anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom