xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purge

Contributor
Reaction score
This may seem like a dumb question... I found a used xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec for sale, but when I go to buy it how can I tell if it is indeed a Tec and not a Rec? They both look similar to me; I would imagine the difference would be apparent if they were side by side, but I won't have that opportunity.

Hard to tell without inflating the wing and having them side by side to compare.

Is there any lable to look for or a way to measure it?

Aren't the rec supplied with a different harness normally? (not seen one, but seen many tecs). I was under the impression that the rec version had adjustable QR, whereas the Tec harness was simple webbing.

@DevonDiver you can swap the wings around. Small divers might prefer the rec wing while not wanting a fancy harness.

I'm not sure if anyone dropped the measurements somewhere... Might want to ask on the Stealth 2.0 sidemount facebook group.

@Patoux01 I put the question up on the Facebook page.
I found this video on YouTube
The TEC diffinatly looks wider (tip to tip) than the REC, can anyone with a TEC tell me what they measure?
Here's a photo of the one I have; tip to tip it measures about 26.5 inches... TEC or REC?
20170517_094231.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I own the REC wing and it's about 22 inches wide. So unless my mesuring tape is awfully wrong, I guess that's the TEC one on the picture.

And yes, I confirm, the harnesses can be swapped around. I'm using my REC wing with the TEC harness (simple webbing).

Back
Top Bottom