Xdeep or dive rite for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was happy with my Xdeep Tec harness.

It's great as it can be customised in all sorts of ways, especially for fit and trim. Has a good reputation and do probably see more of them than any other harness.

Was diving a couple of weeks ago with a guy using an Xdeep with a Kiss Sidewinder. Worked well.

Realistically they are all the same, it's just a matter of fit for the diver.
Most of my dives were in a tec 2 but I got tiered of being negative for the first 15 minutes of the dive, 2*12L steel and 2 11l stages were just a tad bit to heavy, that's the only real problem I had with the system.
With the dive rite I never could get the "perfect" trim out of al tanks, but on the other hand it was still more than acceptable.

I've gone through quite a few of the X-Deep...

I really like them on paper, but when it comes to me actually using them, I am not a fan..

Classic ... Sooo much bungee to keep the bladder where it "should" be, but alas, it always ends up way down past my waist.

Tec ... bladder is integrated, yay, but still requires bungees.... and I find it very awkward to reach over the bladder to dump

Spine weight pouch.... I don't use much weight, so it was a great spot to put my canister light (5aH battery)... but for my longer dives, I didn't like having lead right along my spine.

I have a version of the Nomad... there are no bells or whistles (quick releases, swivels, padding, etc)... just a single piece of webbing. I did change out most of the D-Rings as they were fixed welded rings that I didn't like.

The little bit of weight I require (even in cold water in drysuit in salt water) the 3-4lbs fit on the webbing easily between the back/bladder and the hip attachment.

I fit my AL6 inflation bottle into the elastic webbing on the bottom of the bladder, everything else is rigged up as one would with doubles (canisters.. light and heat on the right hip).

I use this with LP85 and a side mount rebreather, with up to 3 additional AL40/80 deco bottles)

_R

Why???? Is it just fit or some other reason?
Soooooooo point of clarification. I have an DR LS, not the ray. If you look at the ray DR incorporated what makes the stealth so good. I'm a bigger guy though, so the X-deep wing fits me better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom