Xdeep or dive rite for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm going to be trying both out during my sidemount class so I'm wondering if both are equally comfortable any other factors effecting my decision on which to buy.

I already have a BPW for back mounted doubles.

I will be using heavy steal tanks with deco bottles etc as I progress through my tech classes. As of right now CCR is a unknown.

I love my DR Nomad XT. I dive drysuit/heavy undies with steel tanks here in the Midwest. Very similar to your conditions, except you have salt. The Transpac base is very comfy and fits well. I’m not an easy fit. If you hate quick releases and sh*t like that, then you might not like it. I also prefer a dump string on my shoulder and not on my butt.

I'm going to be trying both out during my sidemount class so I'm wondering if both are equally comfortable any other factors effecting my decision on which to buy.

I already have a BPW for back mounted doubles.

I will be using heavy steal tanks with deco bottles etc as I progress through my tech classes. As of right now CCR is a unknown.
There’s a variety of Dive Rite harnesses, some far more useful than others. Which do you ask about? How large are these “heavy steal tanks”? Why are you transitioning to sidemount?

XDeep Rec or Tec, Hollis K2, maybe an LS, then trails off from there in terms of general utility and features. There simply aren’t that many people diving sidemount 104s and 2+ stages plus associated deco cylinders, and definitely none of that nincompoopery off a boat.

One of those should work fine.

XDeep Rec or Tec, Hollis K2, maybe an LS, then trails off from there in terms of general utility and features. There simply aren’t that many people diving sidemount 104s and 2+ stages plus associated deco cylinders, and definitely none of that nincompoopery off a boat.

Hollis is out.

Tanks will be LP 85's up to 108"s if I need 133's I'll go CCR.

Why???? Is it just fit or some other reason?
Sidemount Pros — Episode #12 - XDEEP Stealth 2.0 Deep Dive with Patrick Widmann <-- this episode of Speaking Sidemount goes into some of the thought process behind the xDeep Stealth Tec 2.0. It might be informative. I will say that I have had a good experience with it so far. It didn't come with instructions for a nice streamlined setup, so I went to Protec in Mexico and they sorted me out. Like 90% of the hardware comes off. Find a rig that aligns with your goals in diving. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom