xD Type H compatible with c5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver69

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the new Type H xD cards can be used with the C5050?

Just purchased Inon strobe package and lenses. Preparing for the next trip and want to get an extra card as back up.

Also, whenever I turn on the camera, the default card it uses is the xD card. Is there anyway of setting the CF card as the default card? I just want the xD card as a backup in case something happens to the CF card during my dive. Sometimes I forget to push the card selection button to change it to CF card and I end up using the xD card instead.

Thanks.

go to the olympus website...www.olypus.com, I think!

they have a list of cameras that take that card. I am not sure it takes the card since that card is newer and that camera is older. I am pretty sure that you can have both card plugged into the camera at the same time. You can toggle between the 2 different cards, but if you just have one of them in, the camera should recognize that.

I was going to get this camera myself, until ikelite discontinued the housing for it it...grr :furious:

hope this helps!

It will BUT the 5050 can only handle up to 512mb in the XD format. As to the setting changing, is the "reset on power up" (down?) enabled? If it is it will default to XD, otherwise it will keep stay where you were at powerdown.

Any one know if it will handle 2gb in CF? I know it will take 1GB.

I've just asked exactly the same question on the digitaldiver forum and was told that the 2gig CF cards are fine with the 5050.

thanks for the link, lifeisfullofgooddives...now I won't waste my money on the wrong card!

mel.b

Just got home and looked at my 5050 the setting you want is under setup and is the first item. You need to have "All Reset" set to OFF.

Back
Top Bottom