xD, CF ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flima

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I have two memor cards ... one 64MB xD and one 256MB CF card.
My xD works with no problems .... that's the one it came with the camera.
However when I try to use my CF, I can't get it to work .... I have tried taking the xD out, then insert the CF one ... and I have tried with both xD and CF cards inserted at the same time. In both occasions I get nothing, but a number '81' blinking along with the 'CF' indicator showing up in the LCD.
This is when I power the camera on P. Nothing else happens, I press OK, I press Quickview and nothing happens.
Could the issue be because I used this CF card in the past in a Minolta and the formatting of the card is different ... so I would have to reformat it?!
I have gone through the Manual and I found no help.

Any ideas what this might be ?!

BTW ... this is a C5050-Zoom.

Thanks,
- Fred

I'm bumping this up because others are reporting the "81" problem with CF cards. Any conclusions about what is not working properly? Is it the contacts? Is it the card? Is it the formatting of the card?
Thanks all,
TedJ

TedJ,
I still haven't tried reformatting the CF card, just got back from my trip to Brazil a week ago and over the next few days I will try that.

So ... people who are reporting the same problem say that they are trying to use both CF and XD card inserted in the camera at the same time ?!
Or only the CF card ?

Thanks,
- Flima

It is my understanding that you can ruin a CF card, perhaps even make it unusable, if you mess up the formatting. If reformatting in your camera does not work, call customer service for your camera and ask for help...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom