Xcel wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coquito

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for my first wetsuit. I have been eying an Xcel at my LDS. It's a 4.3 Infiniti dive fullsuit It is kind of pricey. Wondering if is worth the extra money. Anyone had experience on this type of suit? Opinios are welcome.

Thanks

coquito once bubbled...
Hi all,

I am looking for my first wetsuit. I have been eying an Xcel at my LDS. It's a 4.3 Infiniti dive fullsuit It is kind of pricey. Wondering if is worth the extra money. Anyone had experience on this type of suit? Opinios are welcome.

Thanks

I don't deal with x-cel but they are super nice suits. They will last as long as a Herderson or longer. Keep in mind with a cheap suit comes a shorter lifespan. You get what you pay for.

I have an xcell tri polar semi dry suit and i love it. I ve been diving with a henderson 7mm for years and loved it. Well every thing wears and I needed a new suit this year. Im a short guy 5'6" 47" chest 31" waist 190lb. I need a xlarge suit but i have short legs. My last suit was a henderson xlarge that i sent out to have the legs and arms shortend. I went to get a new suit at a local dive shop. I told them i wanted a hendereson gold 7m suit. They took my measurements and told me it would take three to four weeks to have the suit ready. I wasnt to happy i wanted a suit for the next weekend. One of the guys asked if id be intersted in trying on another suit. I never even hear of xcell. I tryed it on and it fit me perfect. I only have a few dives in the suit but so far i love it. They arent the cheapest suits but i would have payed more for a henderson that was fitted. If it last as long as my last suit ill be realy happy.

Thank you ....

I appreciate the comments. I am going to try them both (Xcel and Henderson) and let the fitting make the decision for me. The only problem is that Excel seems to be the only one that has the options I am looking for (4/3mm) for women's. I have not be able to find that with other brands.

Thanks again Dive safe, :)

Henderson, Xcel, and Parkway all purchase their neoprene from the exact same factory so go with the one that fits you best.

My Daughter in Law is difficult to fit and also difficult to please. She went with an Xcel and has been extremely happy. That is a rare occurence.
Everyone I know that has purchased an Xcel is very pleased.
Dive Safe,
Larry

I bought a x-cel expedition (.5-1.0-1.5 mm skin). I did 180 dives before it started to wear. It really was an excellent suit. Well designed and made. I would highly reccomend one to anyone.

I use an Excel 7-6 wet suit here in southern California. It is very comfortable even with the 54 degree water temp on the last 5 dives. The fit is the most important thing. The newer models with the shoulder to shoulder zipper are easier to handle than the traditional back zipper.

"Mother mother ocean I have heard your call"

j. buffett

I have both an a SCS Polar Tri-density, semi-dry and a 43 Infiniti Series, both ate great suits, IMO comparable in quality to Henderson Gold Core. The Xcel suits seem to be cut a bit more generous in girth than Henderson so they tend to fit me better. Try both on, go for fit.

Mike

I have an xcel 976 and it's a darn nice suit.
It fits like it was made for me,allows much more mobility than I've ever had, and keeps me warm in the high 40's (for a couple of dives anyways).
Mine set me back $500.
My dive buddy bought an el cheapo at the same time that cost him $180 and he couldn't be happier.
I'm thinking fit means alot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom