X7-100 Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

it_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Original hydro 10/05, current vis

Asking $500, shipping not included. Located in 23662

Interested, worried about shipping though :) Have people been successful in shipping tanks across the country?

I've never shipped tanks, although LP and ST both do it. Assembled, figure 8x20x30 at ~70lbs.

Mike, I'm interested in the tanks, and the price seem good. I take it that the hydro is about to expire. Can you have them hydro'ed first, then add that cost into the tanks? I ask becuase that way I know I'm getting solid tanks w/o fear of losing my new tanks at the hydro.

second, tanks only or tanks, bands and manifold? (you said x7 doubles)

Firediver,

I can get them hydro'd, provided the cost is added to the tanks.

The tanks are banded and manifolded. The valves are 230 DIN, but I don't know the manufacturer.

**edit** confused tanks, these are 230 DIN convertibles**

Good point fire_diver, I would agree in-re hydro and also wouldnt mind the extra cost... how much is a hydro in your neck of the woods Mike?

My shops are closed today, but I'll check pricing in the morning.

I've three takers, who will get the option according to the time stamp on their offers.

Shipping tanks is a real pain in the ass as the carriers consider them hazardous materials, and the shipping location you take it to has to be certified to ship hazardous materials...

You can get tank cartons, some dive shops have them, and empty the tanks, (if you are going to Hydro, let the recipient do the VIs & fill.. ) its OK to ship them empty. (you can leave a little air in them, - just short of empty)

Shipping tanks is a real pain in the ass as the carriers consider them hazardous materials, and the shipping location you take it to has to be certified to ship hazardous materials...

You can get tank cartons, some dive shops have them, and empty the tanks, (if you are going to Hydro, let the recipient do the VIs & fill.. ) its OK to ship them empty. (you can leave a little air in them, - just short of empty)

No one ships tanks full, shipping compressed air is like mailing someone and ice cube, it is just a waste. A little gas in them to keep the crap out, but nothing more. Many folks ship them with the valves out and tape over the neck. Most folks want the tanks hydroed (for steel tanks more than AL) because if they fail you are out a bunch of money for the tanks AND shipping AND hydro.

Have the seller do the hydro, add it to the price of the tanks, then the buyer can get a vis (and O2 clean if needed) at his/her LDS. For aluminum tanks, I would have the seller get a vis because neck cracks are a tank killer in AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom