Wyland to receive the California Scuba Service Award at the SCUBA Show.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA_Show

Registered
Reaction score
The recipient of the 2010 California Scuba Service Award is Wyland, world famous marine artist. This award was established in 1989 by Saint Brendan Corp. (parent company of California Diving News and the SCUBA Show) to recognize those who have made significant and long lasting contributions to the California diving community.

Marine life artist Wyland has developed an international reputation for his commitment to marine life conservation, most notably through his monumental marine life murals, the Whaling Walls. Spanning thousands of square feet, these massive works of art expose more than one billion people each year to the thrilling diversity and beauty of life that exists below the surface of our ocean planet. This multi-faceted artist works in multiple mediums, including oils, watercolors, acrylics, Japanese ink paintings, bronze sculptures, fine art photography, and mixed media. He is considered one of the most successful working artists today, with galleries throughout the United States, and more than half a million collectors around the world. Each of his works speaks of our beautiful but fragile marine ecosystem. Dedicated to saving our water resources through art and education, his non-profit Wyland Foundation seeks to further that end. Perhaps, most importantly, the Wyland Foundation, in partnership with the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, is actively engaged in alerting millions of students around the world to become caring, informed stewards of our oceans, rivers, lakes, streams, and wetlands.

Wyland will receive the CSSA at 4pm on Saturday of the show at his booth.

for more info visit Scuba Show 2010 - May 15th & 16th @ The Long Beach Convention Center

Ha, when Wyland asked to buddy up with me out here on Catalina so we could film giant sea bass, he didn't even give me the sign for shark when a 14 ft great white swam past us (my eye was on the viewfinder framing the three GSBs we did see)!

Seriously, Wyland has done a great job of keeping the marine world we all love in the minds of divers and non-divers alike! Those who attend the SCUBA Show will see evidence of his efforts both inside and outside... and the Show is one of my "must do" events every year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom