www.divetekadventures.com ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone know what happened to this site? I was made aware of it a couple of days ago, looked at all the COOL video on finning techniques and such, and was about to review tonight before hitting the pool for practice. Now the site is dead.

Anyone know the owner or the situation?

PerroneFord:
Anyone know what happened to this site? I was made aware of it a couple of days ago, looked at all the COOL video on finning techniques and such, and was about to review tonight before hitting the pool for practice. Now the site is dead.

Anyone know the owner or the situation?
Don't know the situation, but here's the contact info for the site. It's registered through 2008 so maybe he's having server problems. Or if everyone's looking at the "COOL video" maybe he exceeded his bandwidth for the month and his ISP shut it down.

Registrant:
Dive TEK Adventures
73-1270 Kalok Drive
Kaulia-Kona, HI 96740
US

Domain Name: DIVETEKADVENTURES.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Wilson, Garry gardwilson@EARTHLINK.NET
Strickler MD
73-1270 KALOKO DR
KAILUA KONA, HI 96740-9155
US
(808) 325-2146 fax: (808) 325-5744

I thought about doing a whois but figured I'd just ask here in case the owner or a friend was on the board....

Thanks

Thanks very much! I found a site last night that had most of the videos and downloaded them all to my computer. I'm going to make a DVD and a CD with them all so I can review them at my leisure.

The second site you list here has the ones I was missing. I'll have to take a look at the whole video from the first link a bit later...

Much appreciated!

I dove with them three or four years ago. The owner is Keith Kaiser. He has a boat and can provide an assortment of hogarthian technical gear for rent. Garry Wilson is a TDI tech instructor. I took my trimix from him. I have not been out there since then but I had heard that they might have gone separate ways. If you are going out and are in need of a contact, pm me. Both guys were great.

Jerry

I'm not that lucky. I am trying to get my "stuff" together before I take the DIR-F course and those videos were hugely helpful.

The chances of me getting to Hawaii in the next few years are somewhere between slim and none.

jerryn:
I dove with them three or four years ago. The owner is Keith Kaiser. He has a boat and can provide an assortment of hogarthian technical gear for rent. Garry Wilson is a TDI tech instructor. I took my trimix from him. I have not been out there since then but I had heard that they might have gone separate ways. If you are going out and are in need of a contact, pm me. Both guys were great.
Jerry

Keith Keizer has taken over DiveTEK; Garry has retired. Kahanuola is still in the water. Keith is
a TDI IT. I did all of my technical training (thru Advanced Trimix) with them. Keith's busy this
week with a big group (and I'm stuck on the mainland, but on my way to Ireland :07: )

As for the website - not sure what's happened there ... but there are two others:

Kona Diving Adventures
Kona Technical Diving

Keith has been working on merging all three sites into one. Anyone know a good website
layout / design person?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom