WWII Hawaii plane wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wyatt2323

Registered
Reaction score
Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA (formerly Baton Rouge.
# of dives
50 - 99
Could anyone tell me if there is anwhere to dive in Oahu, that offers plane wrecks, etc from Pearl Harbour? My wife and I are still rookie divers, so anything advanced would not work.
Also, any recommendations for a good dive boat and company would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

if you mean planes that flew from Pearl and crashed, theres only 1 the corsair, rated as a advanced level dive (107 fsw), or tours that start from Pearl no there are none. There's a couple of zero's near the power plant on the west side of O'ahu but no one dives them commercially (not many ppl now there location) out of respect.

There is a P47 wreck on the eastside by the mokus. It is more of a snorkel and not much left of the wreck. There is a picture of it on the SB galley.

Also if you are into hiking there is a B25 wreck on Aiea Loop.

While The Corsair wreck is a WWII era plane, since the war ended in Sept '45 and the plane crashed on a routine training mission in '46 (as far as I know) I would not classify this as a WWII wreck. I also thought it was headed from Molokai to the Naval Air Base at Kaneohe rather than Pearl Harbor, and ran out of fuel circling back after being turned away on it's first landing attempt. It is still a cool, quick dive.

While The Corsair wreck is a WWII era plane, since the war ended in Sept '45 and the plane crashed on a routine training mission in '46 (as far as I know) I would not classify this as a WWII wreck. I also thought it was headed from Molokai to the Naval Air Base at Kaneohe rather than Pearl Harbor, and ran out of fuel circling back after being turned away on it's first landing attempt. It is still a cool, quick dive.

Although it's true the war ended in Sep. of 45', there were two Japanese soldjers who hid out for 16 years after the war .... then, on a different perspective it would be a WWII era wreck :D::wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom