WW2 Airplane Junkyard Update (Point Loma -- 175-230 fsw)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have had some current <1.5 knots and it moves quite well. In water shallower than 150ft a single line has worked well so far. We found a tug earlier this summer in 90ft of water. We will be using the unit on Monday and I'll post here some pictures.

For deeper stuff we have only done one deep dive so far just to shake the unit down. We had a two point mooring system off the bow (port and starboard Danforth anchors) with 500ft of line each on a wreck that's 236' to the mud. I drove the unit straight down to the bottom from the swim platform and used the compass to navigate to within visual range. Then we turned around because we didn't have a diver to retrieve it if we lost it and don't have a developed skill set yet for deep stuff. By next year we are hoping to be good enough to replace some diver operations.

View attachment 741632

VERY useful. Thanks. It turns out that their factory is less than an hour drive from my house. I'm going to ping them and see if I can setup a visit and try out the technology in a real-world situation here in SoCal.

Thanks again,

- brett

Back
Top Bottom