WTT Halcyon For Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would entertain offers of a Dive rite Large/ML Transpac II w/ Rec Wing and Crotch strap and weight pouches for my Halcyon MC with stainless Plate,36lb wing, back pad. Never dove just adjusted I will provide receipt from authorized dealer. Would like similar condition Transpac II. I can send Pictures never even hooked up LP hase and have owners manual.

Tom

Please message offline

Before I get flamed to the max here are my reasons for this

1. i will be seriously overweighted with my HP steel tanks (tropical Diving)

2 I dont find the thing comfortable plate digs into hips and causes numbness in legs.

3.I have had shoulder surgery and had repaired rotator cuff and a screw in my shoulder. Very hard to get on and off in my drysuit with the valve in the way.

Hope this makes sense to some :)

TOm

WOW! does that sound like a great trade for someone! I would take you up on the offer, except my TPII isnt exactly in 'new' condition. Not to mention that I already got a backplate...

Good luck, I'm sure someone will take you up on it.

Tom,

If you don't find a trade, here's some ideas that might help.

1) You could replace the SS BP with an AL one, which should resolve the weight issue.

2) Comfort should improve by having someone familiar with BP/ harness fit it to you. Plus, it will be comfortable once in the water. You can also add neoprene shoulder strap pads to the webbing to improve comfort when out of the water.

3) I had a rotator cuff problem myself so I know how that limits range of motion. After you get the harness properly adjusted to you, you might consider adding a quick release buckle to one shoulder, like many conventional BCs have. The webbing will no longer be continuous, but so what if it allows you to use the rig in comfort.

When I first got my Halcyon MC, I too was a bit concerned about the comfort when trying it on land. But after getting it fit to me and actually diving it, it's very comfortable and my concerns have disappeared.

I'm sure you will find a solution that works for you, or put the rig on eBay and you'll get a very good price, look at recent completed sales.

Don

I will be out of the country for the next three weeks just leave a message and I'll get to you as soon as I return.

Tom

I'm Back and still looking for that Transpac II so get in touch with me.

Tom:(

I love my TPII too much to give it up. However, this proves my point about BP's being uncomfortable.

My wife and I both have Transpac II's sitting on the garage shelf. We much prefer the backplate/wing to the TII. So I guess this disproves your point.

omar

omar once bubbled...
My wife and I both have Transpac II's sitting on the garage shelf. We much prefer the backplate/wing to the TII. So I guess this disproves your point.

omar

Does not.

Nayh, nayh.... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom