WTS: Ikelite DS50 strobe and accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTRski

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the following bits and bobs I'm willing to part with since I've gone to my DSLR rig. They served me well, and were mostly second hand to me, but still have life left in them! I've put in proposed prices to include shipping (UPS, ground, insured) from DFW, Texas, USA domesticallly. International shipping would be tacked on (please ask and I'll get a number for you). If you see something you like, don't be bashful about making an offer instead of the posted price.

1) Quantity 1, Ikelite DS-50 strobe, with diffuser. This strobe is NOT from the 69,999+ serial number that can be updated for the newest iTTL circuitry. It will however work fine with an EV controller as an optical slave. Battery compartment label shows some water damage (did when I got it) but strobe works fine. Battery door could probably use replacement as the retaining ring for the screw is missing on the interior, but again I never had a leak with it (o-ring is clean) on repeated dives down to 130fsw. Asking $220 separately, or see package below...

2) Ikelite 4075.1 Slider Strobe Arm: this is the base adapter to an Ikelite tray handle with the clamp and an arm that goes to the standard Ike round strobe head knob, as shown at B&H here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1574...obe_Arm_IS.html
The arm was cut down in length to about 8" by the prior owner, but is still plenty long for PnS usage. Asking $40 separately, or see package below...

3) Ikelite EV Controller 4100.6, with appropriate caps and integrated cable. This controls any DS-series strobe optically, allowing slave flashing to your camera's internal flash, with variable power settings. Asking $110, or see below.

4) Ikelite single-handle tray, 9523.01. This was bought new by me, and is the one for OEM housings (has an extra little ridge of plastic to help keep them from rotating vs. the tray). $70 new, I'm asking $50, and will throw in a plastic coil lanyard with a restraining clip that's already on it. Or see package below.

5) PACKAGE: 1-4 above, strobe, arm, tray, controller, asking $325 shipping included (domestic). This is everything a Point n Shoot user needs to add an external strobe to their current OEM housing (sans a stripe of black electrical tape to keep the internal strobe from shining forward and creating the backscatter you're trying to avoid! :) ) As a note I bought the arm, EV, and strobe about a year ago for $325 PLUS shipping, so I'm essentially throwing in the tray for free.

6) I have TWO Ikelite 94408 blade mount adaptors for the DS50/51 to the Ikelite arm head, neither has been used but both packages are missing the little screw (easy enough to replace, and I'll hunt that down before sending if you really require it). $6.95 from B&H, I'm asking $5 each or $9 for both (shipping included)

I prefer PayPal as a payment option, and will provide tracking number and insurance on shipping.

Yes, everything is still available. I admit I got lazy and didn't post a picture in response to an earlier PM...given that this isn't going to be super "hot" merchandise I'll probably just slap it up on ebay this weekend and takes my chances. :)

Listing completed - will show up on ebay on Wednesday.

Thanks for the interest and email dpontios, but international shipping would probably price this out of your range even with the weak US$ right now. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom