WTB - Tube Weights for JJ CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great. Now I just need to find some thin walled heat shrink tubing big enough for a 1" rod

It will grab easy enough, especially if you are dealing more with pure lead as opposed to an alloyed lead.

My fishing escapades with lead repurposing for big sinkers as a youngster confirm this.

Another thought would be casting your own ingot whatever shape you like.

Sounds like you are on the right track.
Cameron

Great. Now I just need to find some thin walled heat shrink tubing big enough for a 1" rod

HomeDepot has wiring heatshrink tubing that large that when heated is about as thick as a sheet of paper. I just noticed you are in NY though, so not sure if you have a HomeDepot.

My fishing escapades with lead repurposing for big sinkers as a youngster confirm this.

I do a lot of boolit and shape casting of lead. I made lead discs that fit in the bottom of a tank boot. I think they are 4.5lb discs. Pretty cool.

I think that I'm going to get some thinner heat shrink tubing and try again with these same lead rods, which are about the right weight.

Why not a spray coating?
2ab93e53-77d3-4392-980c-44e8209346a3_1.36c5a90e20a53ffa02bc64cc63a07932.jpg

HomeDepot has wiring heatshrink tubing that large that when heated is about as thick as a sheet of paper. I just noticed you are in NY though, so not sure if you have a HomeDepot.

Just looked on the Home Depot website, the only stuff I found big enough for a 1" pipe looked like heavy wall stuff. Do you have a link to what you would recommend? Thanks!

I will look around for you, I see the thick wall stuff you are talking about at HomeDepot. I had used the shorter 3" long pieces..

I will look around for you, I see the thick wall stuff you are talking about at HomeDepot. I had used the shorter 3" long pieces..

Thanks! Would rather it be one piece so that I don't have to worry about leakage/corrosion at the joints. I did see this, what do you think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom