WTB: Steel tank in San Antonio, TX area (72, 80, 100, 104)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keysdvr

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey all – looking to buy a used, still in hydro, steel tank in the San Antonio, TX area. Not terribly picky about size – 72, 80, 100, 104, etc. Biggest concern that it’s still in hydro, still in visual would be a huge bonus.

I’m currently in the last few months of the Army’s Physician Assistant school, trying to squeeze a dive in every other week or so between classes and exams to maintain my sanity. I’d like to get a tank so that I can be on my own schedule vs. trying to rent from the LDS. Seems trivial, but adding 40 minutes each way to rent a tank each time I try to dive, then having to ensure that they’re open for pickup and return just isn’t cutting it. I’ve looked on craigslist, but the only things that pop up are out of hydro AL-80s that are old, look beat to crap, and yet they still want a ton of cash for. I can’t justify getting another AL-80 when I have a couple sitting at my parent’s house in Florida (yes, I know, wrong state and can’t get my hands on them for a few months…long story). Anyway – I’d like to purchase a used steel tank that is still in hydro - something that I can dive for the next 3 months and will be more useful (and longer lasting) when we move back to NY.

So…anyone in the area have something they might consider selling? Thanks!

Michael

I've got an LP95 tank that is near the end of it's hydro but with a fresh visual and brand new yoke/DIN combo valve on it. It's a galvanized tank and the outside is very clean (not beat up). Might be just the thing to take back to Florida's cave country. $170 Send a PM if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom