Wanted WTB Small steel Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostsheep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m looking for a short backplate in steel for my kiddos, I’m trying to avoid buying a new one because they’ll just outgrow it anyways.

What do you got?

maybe consider the DIY route with a cutting board like @James79. or an adjustable sidemount harness and monkey diving. else, short plates aren't common enough really that there are savings over just getting one of the subgravity short plates.

I’m looking for a short backplate in steel for my kiddos, I’m trying to avoid buying a new one because they’ll just outgrow it anyways.

What do you got?
If you want to cut your own from a cutting board, I can send you my most recent template. My boys (13 and 17) have been using there's for a few years now.
Respectfully,

James

I just bit the bullet and bought a Subgravity Short plate for my ten year old. She loves it and it fits her perfectly. It was $130 with shipping. They are always in such demand that I don't think I will have any trouble selling it when she grows out of it. I understand wanting to save money, but I promise the short plate is worth every penny!

I have a small Halcyon Aluminum plate with MC Storage pack, part of cinch quick adjust harness, an adjustable harness, and an 18lb Oxycheq wing. My son used it for a few dives, but I switched him to a full size plate and one piece harness. I see now your post says steel, but let me know if you are interested.
tempImageWoeqTs.pngtempImagem79Wdg.pngtempImageqOjZgP.pngtempImagevRQEJN.pngtempImagevrzpBy.png

I have a small Halcyon Aluminum plate with MC Storage pack, part of cinch quick adjust harness, an adjustable harness, and an 18lb Oxycheq wing. My son used it for a few dives, but I switched him to a full size plate and one piece harness. I see now your post says steel, but let me know if you are interested.
View attachment 791796View attachment 791797View attachment 791799View attachment 791800View attachment 791802

I appreciate you reaching out but that is likely more than I’m looking for.

Back
Top Bottom